Saturday 11 October 2014

The method sendKeys(CharSequence[]) in the type WebElement is not applicable for the arguments (String)

You may get below error while working with selenium.

The method sendKeys(CharSequence[]) in the type WebElement is not applicable for the arguments (String)

To fix this error, you will have to change the compiler compliance level of the project to JRE 1.6 or above in Eclipse.
To open below window, you will have to right click on the Java Project folder you are working on.


I was getting the sendKeys error when I was using JRE 1.4 compliance level. After changing the compiler compliance level to 1.6, the error was resolved.

What do you think on above selenium topic. Please provide your inputs and comments. You can write to me at reply2sagar@gmail.com

4 comments:

  1. I am facing same error i have changed JRE 1.4 compliance level to 1.6 still i am facing same error.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was facing same error but when i changed JRE 1.4 compliance level to 1.6 the error resolved..

    ReplyDelete
  3. error resolved after changing compiler from JRE 1.4 to 1.7.. thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was facing the same error, it is resovled when I changed JRE 1.4 compliance level to 1.6. It is helpful for me, thanks a lot.

    ReplyDelete

Buy Best Selenium Books

Contributors